I made this open wams using heavily revised patterns from reconstructinghistory.com, as well as period woodcuts for reference.
This particular piece is an attempt at replicating the sleeves as seen here: [link]
It was made using 100% wool and different qualities of linen. The back and front, as well as the 'brustfleck' is four layers thick. Two layers of wool: one outer layer, and one to show through the slashes, and then two players of linen. Had some coarse linen left over from my last project that I used for added structure. The interior is lined with a much finer linen that I bought particularly for this project. The sleeves are not lined. It makes for a pretty heavy piece of clothing, but it's amazingly comfortable to wear, and you really get a sense that you're actually wearing something 'real'.
I'm extremely happy with the result.
It's being made for a big LARP event here in Denmark called 'Krigslive', or 'Warlarp' in English. It's an event (usually) set in the Games Worshop's Warhammer Fantasy universe, and it evolves around soldier's life and formation fighting. [link]